I've installed cocoon2rc1 on jboss2.4.3+tomcat4.0,
as a .war.

but after the deployment of cocoon,
the following ear cannot be deployed because
the sax parser bump on the message
        The encoding "Cp1252" is not supported

my impression is that cocoon.war changes a global setting
about XML, and this prevent jboss to works.

note that, in order to make cocoon2 works, I have (as told here)
changed the XML configuration of jboss...
this is probably the key...

I have installed the xerces 1.4.3 library packaged with cocoon,
to replace the jaxp.jar and crimson.jar

I've removed the
set
JAXP=-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.crimson.jaxp.Docu
mentBuilderFactoryImpl
set JAXP=%JAXP%
-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserFactor
yImpl

and even tested by replacing with the explicit
set JAXP=
-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBu
ilderFactoryImpl
set JAXP=%JAXP%
-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactory
Impl
(but this change nothing, ie: cocoon is ok, but further .EAR deployment
fails)

is this a known problem...
does cocoon set a particular global properties...
how to make xerces support cp1252...

--
Alain Coetmeur