Look at the source code that comes with cocoon.  Location:
src/org/apache/cocoon/generation

Take a look at DirectoryGenerator, StatusGenerator, etc.  You can probably copy half
of what they've done in one of these classes.

Basically, what you're trying to do is call methods on the ContentHandler.  Not that
hard.

DR

P.S.  You could have looked this up yourself.