Yes.  2 options:

1) If the user won't need to access the intermediate doc:

   <map:serializer name="fo2pdf" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer"
mime-type="application/pdf"/>

    <map:match pattern="yourpage">
     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="your.xsp"/>
     <map:transform src="generate_fo.xsl"/>      <!-- generate output as xsl:fo -->
     <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
    </map:match>

2) If the user will need to access the intermediate doc:

<map:pipelines>
         <map:pipeline internal-only="true">
    <map:match pattern="yourpageastex">
     <map:generate type="serverpages" src="your.xsp"/>
     <map:transform src="generate_tex.xsl"/>
     <map:serialize type="text"/>
    </map:match>
         </map:pipeline>

         <map:pipeline>
         <map:match pattern="yourpageaspdf">
         <map:generate src="cocoon:/yourpageastex" type="text"/>
         <map:transform src="generate_fo_from_tex.xsl"/>
         <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
         </map:match>
         </map:pipeline>
</map:pipelines>