Given an xsp page like this:

<xsp:page
        xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";
        language="java"

     <page name="abc"/>
</xsp:page>

Cocoon seems to be giving me output like this:

<page xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"/>

Is it necessary though that the namespace declaration get copied to the output?  It's
certainly not necessary any longer once the XSP has been run.

Is there a way to turn off the copying of the namespace like this?

This is causing me problems later on.  My XSP page actually contains much more than
this and when I apply a stylesheet (which uses xsl:copy), the namespace is getting
copied to the HTML output.  I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Any ideas?

Tnx!

DR