Hello,

We solved it that way:

In fact cocoon.properties is already present in the Cocoon.jar file.
So it took it by default but a property was missing and returned null.

You must remove it from the jar and rebuild the jar.

Then we had the problem that it still did not find the property file, like you do.

We found that it came from Websphere itself. It did not work if we used an absolute path.
The path, with Websphere had to be relative to the servlet directory.

Absolute path did not work.

Relative path worked.

For example if our servlet directory was: c:\myServletDirectory.

Let say we had created: c:\myServletDirectory\CocoonConf\Cocoon.properties.

The path had to be; CocoonConf\Cocoon.properties

We have read the code of Cocoon.init

It doesn't fail even if some properties are missing. As a result you have a trace in the log letting you thing that
the servlet was correctly initialized, and it was not because it did not find the properties.
And you get a null pointer exception.

Hope this help

Gilles