----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Kachanov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 11:54 AM
Subject: RE: Excel serializer for Cocoon !

> Why do we need Excel serizalier at all, when you can just change
> content type to excel mime type and any browser will launch excel
> automatically
> and reformat your HTML table as you wish?
one another example :
in my report one column is a number like 23.1 or 45.6
when i simple write in xsl
in what case Excel show me not 23.1 but 23.januar - ie it parse it as day
and month and properly display 45.6 - because there is no momth with 45 days
in it :))
in that case i must use  vnd.ms-excel.numberformat:#.#;  style in table cell
to excel display it properly
But it must done not by me - its work of serializer
And again - i need to pass original document formatting to excel (ie cell ,
border, color etc) - but then i tried to change mime-type it works only in
msexcell200 but in excel97 - not
And its not all :))