Hi,

What I've got:
Mac OS X (10.1)
Tomcat 4.0.1
Cocoon 2.0 (release)

When I startup tomcat and then access the cocoon directory,  a Java
application launches in the dock with the name
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.  If I quit this application from
the dock or it's menu bar, Tomcat quits as well.

I would ask this on the Tomcat list but this only happens when I access
the cocoon directory and not when I access any of the examples that come
with Tomcat 4.0.1

Is there some thing in the Cocoon directory that actually launches and
requires this Bootstrap class?   I tried commenting out the hsqldb
settings thinking that the db server was causing it but that didn't help.

Thanks for any info

Mike