I had the same problem, but found that if I deleted the backup file
in question, after the first shutdown - it went away.

The file is recreated when you restart Tomcat.

Cheers,

Rob

ALSTOM COMPANY CONFIDENTIALITY MESSAGE :
This  e-mail  and  any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.
If  you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any purpose or
store or copy the information in any medium.