Add the following to your web.xml file (in WEB-INF)

    <!--
      This parameter indicates the log level to use throughout startup of
the system.
      As soon as the logkit.xconf the setting of the logkit.xconf
configuration is
      used instead! Only for startup and if the logkit.xconf is not
readable/available
      this log level is of importance.

      Available levels are:
        DEBUG:        prints all level of log messages.
        INFO:         prints all level of log messages except DEBUG ones.
        WARN:         prints all level of log messages except DEBUG and INFO
ones.
        ERROR:        prints all level of log messages except DEBUG, INFO
and WARN ones.
        FATAL-ERROR: prints only log messages of this level
    -->
    <init-param>
      <param-name>log-level</param-name>
      <param-value>DEBUG</param-value>
    </init-param>

Allbeit this turns on all logging, but you could filter out everything but
XIncludeTransformer with the logkit...

HTH,

Aaron