Marvellous. I hoped it would be that easy!

-----Original Message-----
From: David Rosenstrauch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 11 December 2001 02:52
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: How best to incorporate xml from a string into XSP

Someone else had this same problem recently.

Use <util:include-expr>.  It will parse the text that you pass in to it, and
generate SAX calls from it (as opposed to writing the text straight to the
output - after escaping all the control chars - like it's doing now).

1) Include the namespace xmlns:util="http://apache.org/xsp/util/2.0"; in your
XSP or the <util:include-expr> won't get called properly.

2) the call you need to make this work:
<util:include-expr><util:expr><xsp:expr>myString</xsp:expr></util:expr></uti
l:include-expr>

<xsp:expr>myString</xsp:expr> takes the value of String  myString, which is
then passed in to <util:include-expr>.

DR