Luke Studley wrote :

> Hi
>
> Wonder if anyone else has seen this
>
> I'm trying to use cinclude, but the same seems to happen for all ns
> declarations - whether from xsp or read from xml - in the down
> pipeline processing there are multiple (dual) declarations of each
> namespace - my editor complains about this and my styleshets screw
> up.
>
> Sticking in  a log statement I see the following - which seems to
> correctly fire a startPrefixMapping event - but also an attribute
> event for the xmlns:ci attribute as well - is this correct? If it
> is then something downstream is responding to both events and thus
> duplicating xmlns dec.s

First of all, would you mind avoiding HTML mail on the list ? Thanks.

I guess you're using Saxon.

This is because cocoon was mainly tested with Xalan whose serializer has
a bug associated with namespace declaration (startPrefixMapping isn't
enough, Xalan also wants xmlns: attributes).

To circumvent this problem, the XML parser in Cocoon always had the
"namespace-prefixes" property set (see
org.xml.sax.ContentHandler.startElement() javadoc to see what this
means) but this isn't in fact the real good solution and hurts Saxon.

As I also faced this problem recently and I'm currently working on a
more robust solution, that handles transparently both Saxon and Xalan,
which I will commit in the CVS I hope this week.

I'll notify you when the commit is done, and it will of course be
included in the next Cocoon minor release. In the meanwhile, I suggest
you temporarily switch to Xalan.

Sylvain.

--
Sylvain Wallez