Basically Apache sends all requests for
'whatever-the-domain.com/cocoon/*' to Tomcat4. Tomcat4's server.xml has
many host records for www.domain1.com, www.domain2.com, www.domain3.com,
etc. Within each host record I can have a context which maps /cocoon to
a directory (the docBase). What I need to know is if the docBase can be
any directory as long as its WEB-INF/web.xml is setup correctly, does it
have to be the cocoon directory itself (i.e.
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/cocoon) or a sub-directory of it. And for each
customer, do I need a separate cocoon webapp installation or can I have
each customer's XML files being directed towards the one single cocoon
install?

Do I have to start messing around with sitemap files for this type of thing?
If anyone out there has provided virtual cocoon hosting with Tomcat, can
you give me some pointers?

Thanks,

Larkin.