>From my point of view, WYSIWYG is just an illusion with HTML. The pages
differ from browser to browser, from version to version, from platform to
platform.

JOERN

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bert Van Kets [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Freitag, 21. Dezember 2001 09:37
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: Dummy proof XML on-line editing

>How to create a "textarea" that has bold, italic and all the formating
>stuff?

That's not possible of course.  HTML textareas don't support
formatting.  The formatting will have to be addressed by HTML tags, unless
the textarea is replaced with an Applet or a Java Web Start Application,
like the demo rtf editor

>That (web)application is a Java application or a form web?

It's a true Java Application!  It doesn't run in a broiwser.  Check out the
Sun website, install the SDK and run the demos.  There's a nice RTF editor
you might like!!

Bert