Hi Folks

        I went through the entire grind from scratch
and it works fine now.

        These are the things I checked to make sure:-

1) Made sure the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon* was removed
2) Made sure that $TOMCAT_HOME/work/* was removed
3) Downloaded a fresh copy of the xml-cocoon2 from CVS
just now (Thu Jan 10 16:12:09 EST 2002).
4) Did the "ulimit -s 2048" stuff due to glibc issues
5) Compiled cocoon with JDK-1.3.1_02 from Sun for x86 Linux
and installed cocoon.war into the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps dir
6) Ran $TOMCAT_HOME/bin/startup.sh after doing a "chmod 755 *.sh"
7) http://localhost:8080/cocoon came up fine.

Regards
Joseph Rajkumar