Hi All,

The POI project (http://poi.sourceforge.net) has just released a 1.2.0
version.  Please note this is a development release only.  1.0.2
(confusing I know) is the current production release.

In this release, we've restructured the serializer in preparation for
writing the generator and serializers for additional POI file formats
and **added cell styling to the HSSF Serializer**.  In addition there
are a few performance enhancements to strings and various other things
you can read about in the release notes.

Please remember this is a development release.  We're especially
interested in folks taking a crack at the serializer.  We'd like to
get it up to the 1.0.x API feature set early in this cycle.

Thanks,

Andy

PS:
For those of you who do not know yet:

 The POI project contains several components for dealing with popular
OLE 2 formats in Java. POIFS is a pure Java implementation of the OLE 2
Compound document format. HSSF is a pure Java implementation of Excel 97
XLS file format based on POIFS. HSSF Serializer is a pure Java
serializer for Cocoon 2 that uses the Gnumeric XML format to output XLS.
Full documentation of the POIFS file format is included. If you wish to
output reports in the Excel file format, or if you have existing XML
documents that you need to get into Excel, then this project is probably
what you're looking for.

--
www.superlinksoftware.com
                        - fix java generics!