I am trying to display the output of the counter.xsp in IE5
In order to develop step by step, I want to check the output of my xsp
file.

IE5 is able to display an xml file
Nice : it lets you open and close nodes.

So after generating my xsp, I serialize it i xml.
IE5 should display the xml.

But instead, IE5 displays this :

 The XML page cannot be displayed

 Cannot view XML input using XSL style
 sheet. Please correct the error and then
 click the Refresh button, or try again
 later.

 The namespace prefix is not allowed to
 start with the reserved string "xml". Line
 2, Position 7

<page xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"; xmlns:xsp
="http://apache.org/xsp";>
------^

With the View Source menu item I get this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<page xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"; xmlns:xsp
="http://apache.org/xsp";>
 </page>

The problem is that Cocoon adds xmlns:xml
="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"; xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";
in the page tag.
Why does Cocoon add those declarations here ?
Is there a way of getting rid of them ?

Valentin

I am using Cocoon 2 on Windows 2000.

The counter.xsp is this :

<xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";>

  <xsp:logic>
  static private int counter = 0;
  private synchronized int count()
  {
    return counter++;
  }
  </xsp:logic>

  <page>
  </page>

</xsp:page>

use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
of the original message