Hi, everyone,

I am trying to install Cocoon on Jrun 3.1 and got the following error:

JNI panic: JNI received a null string
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.findLoadedClass(Native Method)
     at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.lookup(Unknown

Source)
     at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.lookup(Unknown

Source)
     at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap.compose(AbstractSitemap.java:123)
     at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(Unknown

Source)
     at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(Unknown

Source)
     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.GeneratorSelector.addGenerator(GeneratorSelector.java:135)
     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.addCompiledComponent(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:345)
     at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:179)
     at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:208)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

After looking at the source codes of Cocoon 2 and Avalon Excalibur, It
seems to me that it was because in the Lookup method of the
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager class, the
line:
      final String className = m_roles.getDefaultClassNameForRole( role );
returned a null string and caused the following line:
     final Class componentClass = m_loader.loadClass( className );
to break.

Has anybody experienced this problem before and why is this keep happening
to me? What is the mechanism in Cocoon to locate the "Role"? I also took a
look at the cocoon.roles file and found out that there are no entries for
the default parent selectors that the AbstractSitemap class tries to load,
such as org.apache.cocoon.generation.Generator.Selector.

I am pretty new to Cocoon 2 and therefore any advice on this would be
greatly appreciated, as I am stuck here without a clue what went wrong for
me.

Thanks!

Zhen