Ingmar:

The Manifest file provides the app server with a layout of the application.
It should be inside the war file. If you're still having problems, I will
defer to the experts on the list for a more detailed explanation

Carlos

On 02/02/02 11:41, "Ingmar Koecher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, I downloaded the file
>
> cocoon-2.0.1-bin.tar.gz
>
> from
>
> http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/dist/
>
> ungiztarred it and copied the .war file to the webapps folder.
> I would assume that this is the correct way of getting it, right?
>
> I can see that the manifest file is INSIDE the .war file. Does
> one need it ouside of it?
>
> What IS the manifest file good for?
>
> Thanks,
> Ingmar.

We cannot put off living until we are ready. The most salient
characteristic of life is its  coerciveness: it is always urgent,  'here and
now' without any possible postponement. Life is  fired at us point blank.
Jose Ortega Y Gasset