From: Mike Ahlers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 8:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Sitemap question

Hi,

I have a question: is there a specific sitemap instruction that applies
a logicsheet to an xsp file? Say,
    <map:transform type="xsp" src="somelogicsheet.xsl">
??

Given two examples:

<map:match pattern ="somepage.xml">
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="somepage.xsp">
    <map:transform type="xslt" src="somepage.xsl">
    <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

This example works as standard, given, there is a <xsp:page> </xsp:page>
-pair wrapping the somepage.xml. The logicsheet would be applied,
producing a xsp page
and then the regular xsp generation can occur.

Now, given this situation:

<map:match pattern="somesite/doregister.xml">
    <map:act type="register-validate">
        <map:generate type="serverpages" src="somesite/xsp/{next}.xsp"/>
        <map:transform type="xslt"
src="somesite/stylesheet/stylesheet.xsl"/>
    </map:act>
     <map:serialize/>
 </map:match>

In this example, the actual doregister.xml doesn't exist. It is merely
called by a POST reuqest. The action that follows performs some checking
and adds a user-defined class object in the request. And, based on the
validation, I decide to proceed or not, i.e. producing some
'welcome-login' page or, error page, by setting the {next} value.

Now, if I want to apply a logicsheet to these {next}.xsp files. Where do
I do this? I can't do it in doregister.xml because that is non-existant.
I cannot use redirects, because I want to keep the original request
intact (I add objects). An exit view?

Does this approach/design have a flaw in regard to what I want to
accomplish (session-management is next thing to add)?

Thanks in advance,
Mike Ahlers