On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 04:44:13PM -0500, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> > From: Jozsa Kristof [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 02:35:19PM -0500, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> > > Suggestion:
> > > Save results of these three blocks (0.055s, 0.160s and 0.045s) into
> > > files and change second aggregation to aggregate these files, then
> > > benchmark again. Thus, you will get time of the second aggregation
> > > without other pipelines.
> > >
> > > I wonder what results you will get with this :)
> > >
> > > Vadim
> > >

> > Let me see if I get you right: I've saved the results of the first
> > aggregation (3 files), into static xml files, and wrote a sitemap
> rule,
> > which just aggregates these three files. The avarage
> > read+aggregation+serialization time of this is 11 milliseconds.
> ('Dodge
> > this' =)
> >
> > I've migrated to Apache JMeter meanwhile, and verified my rough wget
> > results. They're so-so correct (a few ms higher sometimes, a few ms
> lower
> > otherwise, but generally they were ok).
> >
> > So what do you think?
>
> Can you post your sitemap snippet - with both aggregations? May be after
> watching at it some ideas appear. Right now I don't have any, except may
> be usual "tune your pools" advice.
>
> PS I have several level aggregations, and it works well for me.
>
> Vadim

Shortly: it wasn't about aggregation, nor my new sitemap structure. It all
happened, cos I switched from C2.0 to Cocoon 2.0.1 meanwhile, and it has
really expansive logging, switched on by default.. I've turned it off, and
average page processing time dropped from 1200ms (even 2200 on some pages!)
to 200-300.

Sorry, my fault - seems I've missed the release note about that :)

Christopher
--
.Digital.Yearning.for.Networked.Assassination.and.Xenocide