From: Mauricio Souza Lima <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Having a function in a XSP.
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:31:55 -0200

Ed Jenkins wrote:

><snip/>
>
>  > Can I create an inner class with methods inside a XSP?
>
>Don't think so. All XSP code goes in the resulting Generator's generate()
>method. What you should do IMHO is to use helper classes.

All xsp:logic tags before the main tag (the first tag after xsp:page,
like <page>), are put before de generate() method, so, i think you can
do it.
But if you want to work with some custom classes inside the xsp, i think
that a better pratice, is to create the class outside the xsp page, put
it in the WEB-INF/lib on a jar file and them import it inside the xsp page.

>For more information on taglibs, I suggest you to look at the cocoon
>builtin
>taglibs in the sourcecode.
>
>--
>Nicola Ken Barozzi                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Regards...

Mauricio Souza Lima
Rational Consulting
[EMAIL PROTECTED]