I can add an exemple for "non-data" pipelines, based on the DOM sessions I was working on :

<map:match pattern="some_pattern">
  <map:generate type="readDOMGenerator">
    <map:parameter name="some_param" value="some_value"/>
  </map:generate>
  <map:transform .../>
  <map:transform type="writeDOMsession">
    <map:parameter .../>
  </map:transform>
  <map:transform .../>
  <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

In this typical exemple, your pipeline read current data from session, process some stuff, and then save it to session before eventually display any result.
The writeDOMsession already exists, as does a readDOMsession which is a Transformer able to add the stored data at any point of your current pipeline.
I'v also written a very simple readDOMGenerator to be able to begin a pipeline with only the stored data.
I've sent this Generator to a Cocoon Committer. He'll decide if it's useful or not.

Hope this helps.

Cedric

Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]">