From: Mark Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 5:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Installing Cocoon 2.0.1 on a WebLogic 6.1 SP2

Hi all,
    I have been having problems installing Cocoon2 on a Solaris 8
machine running Weblogic 6.1 SP2.

I built the src code and created the cocoon.war file and placed it in
the application dir. Stoped the server (weblogic) and started it again.
Made sure it was deployed and also select the server for deployment. But
while deploying it i get this error:

please any help would be appreciated...

<Mar 1, 2002 4:34:01 PM EST> <Error> <J2EE> <Error deploying application
cocoon: Could not load cocoon>
<Mar 1, 2002 4:34:57 PM EST> <Error> <J2EE> <Error deploying application
cocoon: Could not load cocoon>
<Mar 1, 2002 4:34:57 PM EST> <Error> <Management>
<InvocationTargetException setting attribute Deployed on MBean
vba:Location=dpris,Name=cocoon,Type=ApplicationConfig to value true.
Method: public void
weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.Application.setDeployed(boolean)
throws
weblogic.management.DeploymentException,weblogic.management.Undeployment
Exception
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1525)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppHelper.resolveManifestName(WebAppHelper.
java:469)
about 40 more lines.....