ok, now I have taken the original sitemap file given with Cocoon,
I have substituted the original map:pipeline with this:

<map:pipeline>
    <map:match pattern="">
        <map:redirect-to uri="myAppplication/myfile.html"/>
    <map:match>

    <map:match pattern="myApplication/*.html">
        <map:generate src="myApplication/{1}.html"/>
        <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:pipeline>

I have restarted tomcat and ....

the same "error" is returned:
Apache Tomcat/4.0.1 - HTTP Status 404 - Not Found
----
type Status report
message Not Found
description The requested resource (Not Found) is not available.

Thanks for your help.