Marco,

to get rid of ":8080" you shuold redirect all request containing, for
instance, "*.html", to port 8080.
This could be done in the web-server, which handles all default (port 80)
requests. In IIS you could use the tomcat ISAPI filter (see Tomcat docs for
more), in Apache you could use mod_rewrite (sse Cocoon FAQ).

To get rid of "cocoon" you could replace the root servlet with the cocoon
one, there was a mention on how to do it in the mailing list archives.
If you succeeds in the latter task, would you be so kind as to write a FAQ
about it and send it to Vadim ?

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant