On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> 1- I changed the datasource name (or pool name) to 'gesupply' (the name of
> the database) from 'personnel'.  Is this needed normally?

you normally create a datasource with an appropriate name. the sample is
named 'personnel' since it's for a fictitious personnel database.

> 2- (and what, as a newbie, I think really fixed it) I started Tomcat from
> the "startup.bat" shortcut instead of starting it from the NT Services
> window.  I'm thinking that my changes to the classpath wont take affect in
> the Services untill I reboot....<mutter>stupid Windows</mutter>....granted,
> I dont know Win nearly as well as I know unix...so maybe I'm missing a
> "Reload My Environment" button somewhere.....

if you're looking for something easier to use in development, you might
try resin. it automatically reloads the webapps and/or itself when most
anything interesting changes.

- donald