Dan,

Check this out, in SearchGenerator, line ~793:
// get the directory where the index resides
Directory directory = LuceneCocoonHelper.getDirectory(new File(workDir,
"index"), false);
lcs.setDirectory(directory);

That's why it does not work :)))

Try "this.index" instead of "new File()".

Vadim

SearchGenerator