Yes I taje a look at this address. I *believe* that my application is equal
to this example.
I have written
<xi:include>
        <xsp:attribute name="href"><xsp:expr></xsp:expr></xsp:attribute>
</xi:include>

and I have tried also with

<xi:include href="example.xml"/>

but the error is always the same.

Perhaps I don't understand what do you mean with:

*This takes an HREF.   Might work w/ xsp:expr, never tried... *

Thanks

Stefano