On Thursday, March 14, 2002, at 02:23 am, Peter Royal wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 March 2002 08:17 pm, Stuart Roebuck wrote:
>>       +-------------------------------------------------------------+
>>       |  THIS IS DOING MY HEAD IN  -  ANYONE GOT A BRAINWAVE ? ...  |
>>       +-------------------------------------------------------------+
>
> tips from stefano well applied!

Thanks - well spotted!

>> I've got Cocoon behind Squid - as a proxy / 'acceleration' server.
>
> is http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200102/0972.html
> your
> problem?
>
> if so maybe
> http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200109/0028.html
>
> if not, what is the content-type, is that changing when you change
> extensions? what happens to a .txt with an application/pdf ?

I've gone through these emails - thank you.  Some of them could be my
problem, some of them seem to be specific to PDFs downloaded and
displayed using the PDF viewer plugin.

One of the many odd things is that, when I changed the file extension I
retained the "application/pdf" mime type, so if you download in a recent
browser it happily realises that the ".txt" file is really a PDF and
opens it with no problem (*but not* when it ends in ".pdf"!).

I've tried change the "range_offset_limit" value, but this hasn't
helped - I think it is specific to the "plug-in" issue.

Anyway, thanks for spending time searching out those links for me.  I
will keep bashing my head with various blunt objects and see if anything
comes out.

Stuart.

            Public Key - 1024D/88DD65AF 2001-11-23 Stuart Roebuck (Adolos)
      Key fingerprint = 89D9 E405 F8B1 9B22 0FA2  F2C1 9E57 5AB1 88DD 65AF
Stuart Roebuck                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Architect                             Java, XML, MacOS X, XP,
etc.