Dear cocoon-users,

first I tried to run the "time" example, but I got the error message, that
the component cannot be found, though all classes were at the right place.

Second I tried to take the Generator.java class, renamed it and cleaned it
from the missing component. The generator should now generate an empty
document (startDocument + endDocument). For this class I created a new
directory "testapp" below the "classes" directory and gave the new class the
package name of this directory. Then I registered the new generator in the
sitemap, but didn't create a pipeline for it (I removed my pipeline, because
I saw, that the error also occurred without the pipeline. Then I cleaned the
working directory and restarted cocoon).

When calling the demo site http://<host>/cocoon  (which takes the changed
sitemap) an error occurred which says, that the sitemap was wrong, because
the class name was unknown. My generator entry looked like this:

<map:generator name="MyGenerator" src="testapp.MyGenerator"/>
</map:generators>

What is wrong?
Where can I find examples or documentation how to add / build new
generators, transformers and serializers? We can't use only standard
components, because as an example we have to serve some other devices which
don't understand HTML or WML.

Thank you, best regards,
- Volker -