Hello,

IMHO, in the script line you have to put the character itself and not "é"
because such an entity will not be substituted. So try the following:

parent.centerFrame.location.hash='#puissance réelle';

PS: I've not checked if the "%C3%A9" in an element's name will be translated by
script interpreter (and I don't know exactly a kind of interpreter you use) so
perhaps you need xsl:attribute element with CDATA section in your XML source.

Best regards
    Roman

Matthieu Benéteau wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a little problem with the HTMLSerializer and accented letters in
> French.
> I'm working with Cocoon 2.0.1.
> All my XML files and stylesheets and all my components use the iso-8859-1
> encoding.
>
> In my XML file I have the following element, which has an é letter in
> attribute "nom" :
>
> <dimensionPhysique nom='puissance réelle' indexDimension='9'/>
>
> This element is correctly processed by a stylesheet to give the following
> XHTML :
>
> <a name="puissance réelle"></a>
>       <b>Dimension name :</b>
>       puissance réelle
>       <b>Dimension index :</b>
>       9
>
> So now the accented letter appears twice : once in the "name" attribute of
> an anchor, and once in the content of a table row. No problem here.
>
> The problem appears after serialization with the HTMLSerializer, which gives
> the following HTML :
>
> <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
> <a name="puissance r%C3%A9elle"></a>
>       <b>Dimension name : </b>
>       puissance r&eacute;elle
>       <b>Dimension index : </b>
>       9
>
> In the "name" atribute of the anchor, the &eacute; letter has been replaced
> by %C3%A9, so the following instruction will fail :
> parent.centerFrame.location.hash='#puissance r&eacute;elle';
>
> IMHO, this is not a correct behaviour of the HTMLSerializer.
> Am I right ?
>
> Matthieu

begin:vcard
n:KOZLOV;Roman
tel;work:+783 12 65 85 91, +783 12 62 27 76
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:DATAVISION CIS;PDM
adr:;;Gagarina Prospect 25b;Nizhny Novgorod;;;RUSSIA
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Programmer
fn:Roman KOZLOV