Cocoon 2.01, Tomcat 4.01, Oracle db

I can't access my Oracle db, no errors, just this entry in the core log:
WARN    (2002-03-26) 09:11.01:401   [core]
(/cocoon/Kurt/testsxml/HD/base/query.xml)
HttpProcessor[8080][3]/LogKitLogger: Could not return Connection
java.lang.IllegalStateException: There are no connections in the pool, check
your settings.

I defined my connection in the sitemap:
<map:transform type="sql">
     <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="aigle_oracle_pool" />
    </map:transform>

where the connection name points to the following datasource in
cocoon.xconf:

<jdbc name="aigle_oracle_pool">
      <pool-controller min="5" max="10" oradb="true"/>
      <auto-commit>true</auto-commit>
      <dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@pallas6:1521:PAIG</dburl>
      <user>verbalix</user>
      <password>xml</password>
    </jdbc>

If I try to execute a test query based on this entries, nothing happens, but
Cocoon seems to be working in the background (very high CPU usage by
java.exe), and I have to force Tomcat to shutdown. The settings in xconf
return data when used in a regular Java program.

Any ideas what's going wrong?