Hi,

I've been using the binary installation of cocoon-2.0.1 (Tomcat included)
which ran first-time (WinME) -  thanks to all involved! On with my
problem...

I'm trying to get a new webapp so I can run a site through cocoon, but
separate from all the dox and examples.  To do this I followed
http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-users@xml.apache.org/msg06254.html - and
made a copy  of cocoon.war, renamed to website.war and restarted cocoon.

When I try and access "localhost:8080/website/" I still get redirected to
"welcome" as per the default cocoon.war sitemap, rather than my own :-(

When restarting tomcat I get this in the console:

Apache Tomcat/4.0.1
Sitemap location = sitemap.xmap
Checking sitemap reload = true
Reloading sitemap asynchron = true
Sitemap check delay = 1 sec
Server 1.6 is running
Press [Ctrl]+[C] to abort
Server.run/init: java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.Server.run(Server.java:131)
        at org.hsqldb.Server.main(Server.java:78)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.hsqldb.ServerImpl.run(ServerImpl.java:147)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Sitemap location = sitemap.xmap
Checking sitemap reload = true
Reloading sitemap asynchron = true
Sitemap check delay = 1 sec
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0.1

I deleted all directories apart from META-INF, WEB-INF, resources, and the
file cocoon.xconf and added my own  files and dirs I previously had been
mounting with a sub-sitemap. "webapps/website" now looks like:

img             [Dir -my creation]
inc             [Dir -my creation]
META-INF        [Cocoon]
resources       [Cocoon]
stylesheets     [Dir -my creation]
WEB-INF         [Cocoon]
xml-content     [Dir -my creation]
cocoon.xconf    [Cocoon]
sitemap.xmp     [My creation]

I don't know java at all, but am I right in thinking that with "cocoon.war"
and my copy of it "website.war"  installed, Tomcat figures out that when it
loads the classes for one, it can use them for the other?

Any ideas how to get cocoon using my sitemap?

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

--
TALL, OUDCE and the University of Oxford accept no legal responsibility for
the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are only those