I am using j2sdk1.4.0, tomcat 4.0.4b2LE, mm.mysql-2.0.11 or mm.mysql-2.0.7 (tried both), and cocoon 2.0.3-dev.

Update on my problem:

I can query the database now by instantiating a connection in my xsp app. however, the app that i am writing needs to use the pooling capabilities to handle simultaneous access to the DB. does anyone know how to get this to work??? i tried creating the pool with a "driver" tag in my cocoon.xconf but that still generates the exception (NoValidConnectionException: No valid JdbcConnection class available)

this is my code:

<datasources>
<jdbc name="tester">
<driver>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</driver>
<pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
<dburl>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/tester</dburl>
<auto-commit>true</auto-commit>
<user>login</user>
<password>pass</password>
</jdbc>
</datasources>

does anyone know if there is a mechanism that allows you to specify the driver for a pool in the cocoon.xconf?