Could someone confirm, and even better explain why

Tomcat 4.0.1 jdk1.3 (I gave up on jdk1.4) Cocoon 2.0.2

The 'protected area' example does NOT log in using Donald Ball :-(

Anyone know why not? What has changed?

(the sunspot authentication works just fine, and there is an employee named
Donald Ball in the personnel datasource)

I've just checked that the 'protected area' does work with 2.0.1 with 4.0.1
and jdk1.3