Hi folks,

Since Cocoon2 is based on Avalon & Excalibur, how do I use
cocoon's component manager in the custom java classes used in a web-app.

I saw that a "manager" handle was available in an XSP, but how do I access
the
component manager from a pure java class I wrote myself ?

I think I can modify the cocoon.roles file, add a configuration entry
in cocoon.xconf so that cocoon will initialize my component for me and that
way I will have access to it's component manager but this seems not very
"clean" to me

Is there any other way to do this ?

Pierre