> From: Nick Airey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have written some action classes, extending class
> org.apache.cocoon.acting.AbstractAction and implementing the act()
> method. They're working fine.
>

> My questions refer to the Cocoon 2.0.2 release.
>

> Question 1:
>
> I can see from the generic sitemap.xmap that cocoon generators,
> transformers and serializers can be pooled, with pooling parameters
> being setup in the sitemap.xmap . Can action classes also be pooled?

Only if Action implements Poolable interface. But I never have seen an
example of Poolable action.

> If
> so, do I have to do something special to make pooling work on my own
> action classes?

Implement Poolable.

> Question 2:
>
> Do my action classes have to be written thread safe,

It is more efficient to write ThreadSafe actions. Just do "grep
ThreadSafe *" in the action package to get an idea.

> or does the
> framework only allow one thread at a time to use each instance?

If Action is not ThreadSafe, then framework is forced to allow only one
thread per instance.

Vadim