Hello to all!

I kindly please all to help me in solving the following problem. I
suppose this problem is not new, but I haven't found the answer to it in
mail archives up to now.
I have Apache1.3 on my Linux machine. All users are being autentificated
through htpasswd programm. But  both in my Servlets(Tomcat4) and in my
XSPs (Cocoon2) the method getRemoteUser() returns NULL, although
getRemoteHost() works.

I am, for example,  an user <otto>, start my Start-Site with Apache, log
in and get an access to all my .html files. How can I get the user name
<otto> in my XSP?

Does anybody know the solution for this problem?

Would be grateful for any help,

Regards,
Viktor