Hello all,

    Can somebody answer is it a bug of Cocoon (v 2.0.1, server Tomcat
4.01) or not?
    When browser, in particular IE 5.0 or 5.5, reads some data, in
particular css file, several times it sometimes severs the connection if
the data are old and cashed (IE does it even "reread page every time"
option is set). Cocoon's servlet after several such requests generates
error reports in logs and server console. For example, in sitemap.log it
prints at the beginning:

ResourceReader: Received an IOException, assuming client severed
connection on purpose

However after several such messages it begins printing of following
messages:

DEBUG   (2002-04-17) 11:19.02:999   [sitemap.transformer.xslt]
(/cocoon/mycss.css) HttpProcessor[8080][3]/TraxTransformer: Using
stylesheet:
'file:/W:/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/webapps/cocoon/stylesheets/system/error2html.xsl'
in org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer@63de4e, last
modified: 1015492495836

And in the server's console:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.SocketException: Connection aborted
by peer
: socket write error
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java
:3174)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Meantime, no error messages are appears in the browser and it seems to
be displaying data correctly.

    So is it a bug of Cocoon?

    I've attached a zip archive with some pieces of logs and with files
csstest.html, mycss.css and sitemap.xmap with which I've reproduced this
error on three different server stations.

    Thank you for response.
        Roman