Matthieu:

I see your point, however since the validation is done on the server
rather than on the client, I was hoping it to be something that Cocoon
could accomplish.

I have played it with it some more and am stuck on the "last mile". I
can switch the validation rules, however, I still need to figure out how
to reset the validation results from the prior validation attempt before
re-submitted results are validated again. Otherwise, the validator seems
to remember the prior validation result for the field, validation rule
of which has changed, and fails it.

Regards,

Ed