Van: Per Kreipke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Verzonden: 18 April 2002 20:15
Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Onderwerp: RE: Cocoon & XHive

Arje,

There's a thread called on the cocoon-dev list about XIndice (contents
below) and how Rogier was about to test XHive instead:

Subject: (dbxml) Generator vs Source

"Hi,

As I understood the xmldb-generator is to be deprecated in favor of the
xmldb-source. I extended the xmldb-generator to be able to pass a depth
parameter, as happens in the directory-generator. Although this worked
reasonably well, we had a lot of performance issues and therefore are
currently testing another xml database (X-Hive) and this leaves me with the
following questions:

Rogier Peters"

and

"I don't really mean Xindice has performance problems.

We are currently working on a system tying together Apache Slide with
Xindice as a backend, and Xindice and Cocoon as a frontend.

To this end we wrote a connector for Slide-Xindice and a custom
XMLDB-generator between Xindice and Cocoon. It's most likely that those
connections are the problem, but basically keeping this system running for
more than a couple of days on a 1Gb machine is not possible, due to memory
leaks.

The site we're running has about 2000 xml content files and right now a
typical page with three level deep dynamic navigation, and starting out with
about 20000 lines of xml, will take about 10 secs to render.

Regards,

Rogier Peters"