I haven't written a "shopping cart" per se, but I've just created a
java class that holds the information  as well as the data types and
attached that to a session.. then I have a transformer that reads in the
request parameters as well as the object attached to the session and go
from there. I'm not sure if that helps, but the same thing can be easily
tailored...

Liam Morley