> From: Kari Whitcomb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> You seem to be suggesting that there is no way to fix it with Tomcat
4.0.3.
> Is that correct?

No, I was able to make it run. It more or less documented in install
instructions. However, for the newcomers I suggest first to try with
something stable, and only then (if still there is time/desire) try
troublesome combinations.

> What in particular is causing the incompatibility?

AFAIU, changes in the XML API class loading in the servlet spec and the
way it is implemented in the 4.0.2-4.0.3 is the major PITA. Tomcat 4.0.4
looks to be working without issues, as Tomcat 4.0.1 was.

Vadim

> Thanks,
> Kari

I'm
> > relevent
> > included
> > trace.
> > Any

Component
> > for

org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.select

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.loa
> > (Handler.java:270)
> > (pc

org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.PoolableComponentHandler.get