Hello everyone,

Before I go delving into everything, I wanted to ask if people were
successful with using the HSSF Serializer.  Currently it generates XLS
files that crash Excel.

I am using the latest (as in tonight) nightly build of Cocoon, Resin
2.0.2 and JDK 1.4 on Linux 2.4.17.  The gnumeric XML file was created by
Gnumeric 1.04.  I recently saw a patch for HSSF serializer that said it
now works with 1.04+.  So far, it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any hints or prior experience?

I'll keep looking into it.

Thanks very much for your help,
Seth