Thanks for the reply.

>>I had exactly that problem with xerces in WL 5.x - and had to remove some
>>of the classes from the WL System jars - quite a pain.

Pffff.... that sucks. It would be nicer if the output displayed a bit more
information other than

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError at
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.<init>

though - maybe telling me what object and method couldn't be found? Seems
I might have to download the Avalon source to find out what's exactly going
on... but then, I'm not too sure which version of the Avalon framework is
being used in Cocoon 2.0.2

>>If you like I can forward you the analysis we did at the time - if I can
>>find it.

If it's not too much trouble, I would appreciate that analysis - thanks
a lot.

Chris.