Hey, I suppose I should take a brief moment to introduce myself. I’m Zack Angelo from New Orleans…<phew> there, did it ;)

Anyway, I’ve perused the digest in hopes of finding a solution to my problem, but to my disappointment, didn’t find anything.

From what I can see, a lot of people have been having problems with my configuration. It seems that mine are a bit different though. I’ve checked the logs and the stack traces, and it appears to be loading the driver (org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver) successfully.  It then goes on to execute my ESQL XSP code and falls on its face with a SQLException (not an access denied one) and some weird problems with the String class not having a method. I was hoping someone could give me some insight as to what is going on, because I’m completely stumped. Here’s a copy of the exception:

ERROR   (2002-04-30) 15:49.15:424   [access](/cocoon/malin/voicemail/web/getmessages) HttpProcessor[8080][4]/CocoonServlet: Problem with servlet

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception: org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling getmessages_xsp:

Line 397, column 58:  method valueOf() not found in class java.lang.String

Line 508, column 82:  unreported exception: java.sql.SQLException; must be caught or declared to be thrown

Line 535, column 82:  unreported exception: java.sql.SQLException; must be caught or declared to be thrown

Line 562, column 84:  unreported exception: java.sql.SQLException; must be caught or declared to be thrown

Line 613, column 51:  unreported exception: java.sql.SQLException; must be caught or declared to be thrown

Line 622, column 27:  unreported exception: java.sql.SQLException; must be caught or declared to be thrown

Line 0, column 0:

6 errors

Later,

Zack