I have been tryin to get cocoon up and running for the last 3 days and
still no luck. So far I have tried all Sun JDK 1.3.x, Sun SDK 1.4.x, IBM
SDK 1.3.x, Tomcat 4.0.3, Tomcat 4.04b2, Tomcat 3.3x permutations and
each time I get an error message, whenever I try to go to cocoons
welcome page. Such pure documentation. I am doing everything in the
installation instructions still no luck. I am getting all stable
releases and rpms. Can somebody please put a detail installation
instruction and common pitfalls.

This is the latest error I am getting.

Emre

Title: Internal server error

Cocoon 2 - Internal server error

type fatal

message markup-languages: ComponentSelector could not access the Component for hint: sitemap

description org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: markup-languages: ComponentSelector could not access the Component for hint: sitemap

source Cocoon servlet

stack-trace

org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: markup-languages: ComponentSelector could not access the Component for hint: sitemap
	at org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.select(ExcaliburComponentSelector.java:293)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:289)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:270)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

request-uri

/cocoon/

path-info