Ok, I think that there is a problem with the action I made. Is there a way
to view what the action returned in the Map object? If I understand
correctly what is returned in tha map can be used in the sitemap like you
mentioned:

<map:transform type="i18n">
    <map:parameter name="locale" value="{../locale}"/>
</map:transform>

Whatever is between { } was returned by the action, right?

This is my sitemap:

<map:match pattern="MainMenu">
  <map:act type="get-my-locale"/>
  <map:generate type="file" src="MainMenu2.xml"/>
  <map:transform type="i18n">
    <map:parameter name="locale" value="{../locale}"/>
  </map:transform>
  <map:transform src="html/MainMenu2.xsl"/>
  <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

I tried {../locale} and it gives me an exception, tried {locale} and it
works but does no translation. I think my action is not returning anything.
So is there a way to see what my action is returning?