From: Bert Van Kets [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 12:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Heads-up: Back from Jax2002 and session slides

Great slide show.  I guess there will be 50 more Cocoon adepts by now (if
they don't use Cocoon already).
The sentence I like best of the slide show is "You don‘t like it? – help us
make it better!"
I guess this sums it all up!
I hope you get some business out of it.
Bert

At 12:01 17/05/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>We're back from Jax2002 in Frankfurt. 900 people attended the largest
German
>conference on Java, Apache and XML (and also Web services). More people
were
>there than last year - which is promising.
>
>There were 4 Cocoon related sessions.
>
>There was a general Cocoon session by Thomas Bayer - and perhaps he can add
>his comments if he reads this. Thomas works for a company called
Orientation
>in Objects that does a lot of Cocoon related stuff (which was new to us as
>we hadn't seen them on the list before). Perhaps we have missed their
>postings. Thomas is also writing a German book on Cocoon - if our
>information is correct :-).
>
>Neal Ford (The DSW Group Ltd) held a session on targetting Wireless devices
>with XSLT and Cocoon. Neil showed this using JBuilder and Cocoon 1. Hmmm.
:)

>Carsten and I presented the Cocoon XML Portal (around 50 people) and Guido
>presented on integrating XML databases into Cocoon (around 30 people).
>
>If you atteded our sessions then we would be interested in feedback! We
have
>uploaded the session slides for the Portal presentation - so check my
Weblog