Hi
while designing an application and learning to understand the concept of Cocoon2 we
have following design issue which I want to ask you for some help and/or advice from
your experience or development knowledge:
I have a XML file with 2000 elements, each element has about 10 attributes plus
values, it is around 2MB of size. We want to do some XSL transformation and serialize
it to HTML for the browser. From the application logic point of view we could split
the 1 XML file into 2 files, each around  800k of relevant data or we could create
from this one file 1000 files each containing a set of parent and child, each of this
smaller files is between 1k and 40k.

In which direction should we design our system to get the best performance when
accessing the XML files. I know it depends on what you do with XSL, but is there a
general direction with Cocoon2 to go: access the data using 1 big XML file or
work/access the data using smaller XML files.
Thanks
Thomas Ruth
[EMAIL PROTECTED]